Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ninety Degree Angle

It can be wonderful when the universe steps in and throws a ninety degree up hill angle in your path.
Of course, at the time your body / mind don't see it that way. 
I was riding a wave in and out of the studio creating  assemblage art that was bringing smiles to my face.  Examples can be found in earlier blogs.  Than the lovely studio space had to be let go, in the middle of creating the April art exhibit for Center City Galleries in Paterson NJ.  My first response was, "How am I going to make the artwork I need for the show? ( all preconceived in my head — very dangerous)

I was forced to come out of my single direction Artist Head / vacuum, and allow new ideas to flow.  And, once the door was open flow baby, flow, they are still flowing!  I invited a fabulous artist Judith Peck to join in the show, http://www.judithpeck.com/index.html (check out her web-site).  Our work really compliments each others and now I'll be on the walls and Judith Peck's sculpture will be gracing the floor.  The show will be visually dynamic.  This is my first time out of the box (a little pun) and Judith brings with her a wealth of knowledge that goes far beyond the physical art work.
More sharing real soon,
Peace and Much Love All,
Myra

No comments:

Post a Comment