Sunday, March 20, 2011

Inspiration


"With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble.  Courage is the foundation of integrity," Keshavan Nair.   The two people that have inspired me to create this exhibit are this kind of courageous and they are my black biological grandmother 90 and my white adoptive father 80.  They continue to inspirer and are still active participants in their communities.   The visual art and poetry I will present on April 9 at Center City Galleries in paterson NJ is broken down in two parts, "My Father's Land" and "My Grandmother's Stories."  Paterson is very significant because of the extensive community service that both my grandmother and father have continually offered there.  

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a fascinating exhibit Myra, wish I could be there. Keep posting the work you are doing for it!

    ReplyDelete