Saturday, May 5, 2012

Paterson Art Walk

I got a last minute invitation to the Paterson art walk.  I wasn't sure that I had the time but when introduced to a huge warehouse space with one wall of windows, I wished they had invited me a month earlier, and not a week earlier.  There were brick pillars between the windows that invited a flood of sun light to cascade onto the opposite wall.  A dream place to create a gallery.

Yesterday my gallery roommate Anthony Boonie and I finished transforming the empty warehouse into an amazing gallery.  Anthony creates amazing abstract pantings with an organic surface that seems to be in  motion when one looks at them.
On the opposite wall between the windows I created organic assemblage sculptures from found wood, branches and stumps.
I also have incorporated paintings and mixed - medium sculptures.  This exhibit is a continuation of my nature and nurture work.
We are located in the Miesch Mill building #18 on the Map: 468 Totowa, third floor - please feel free to call 551-804-7262 and there should be balloons to help guide the way.

The Paterson art walk can be found at this link
http://www.patersonartscouncil.org/paterson-art-walk.html

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post, I’m doing allot of research on abstract paintings. Building a reference of global abstract paintings and artists. Would it be ok to add this post into my ever growing list of abstract artworks and artists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JC can you e-mail me a link to your abstract listing would love to see what you're creating, first?

      Delete