Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wine Bags with a Flavor

I love wine with a good meal, and over the years I have been lucky to appreciate a not-so-expensive bottle that still had robust flavor!  So what has given me great joy has been putting that bottle of celebration into a beautiful hand-made, one-of-a-kind wine bag.  Below are some images of my latest creations.  If  anyone is interested in learning more about the process I have used in creating them, please ask and I will lay it on you.  Also, note that they are for sale ranging from the $50s to $70s.


Front of "Pathways" above. Back is below



"Horizon" above


"Expedition" front (the back is black)



"Night Scene"  above and below, two sides



Some of the things that I love about making bags is the layering of the many kinds of leathers; it is like creating multiple landscapes.  There is something very soothing when they all harmonize together.  On the other side - I hammer, push and pull the copper into shape.  After these strong  movements, I get to see what shapes have created; most times a fun surprise.   I joyously buff to a shiney finish.
Thank you for taking a peek.  There are more to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment