Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where I Saw Art Today



An earthen smell rises in the parking lot still wet from the rain, an unexpected warmth nudges on my back.  The sun must be slipping through the clouds.  And, all I see is color standing in the entrance of the green house. 

Love, Love, Love,


The quite is filled with a mixture of bright colors and a perfume Egyptian Gods would have exchanged for kingdoms.  


I am here at the green house picking up Lantanas; these are wonderful flowering plants which starts in May and end around October. They come in variegated oranges, yellow or blue and have one season of glory. 


 Quite a delightful side gig for an artist!

2 comments:

  1. This time of year the gardens are my studio --- out of necessity, and out of necessity! Someone has to clean them up, fertilize them, compost them, replant some of them, mulch them, and since that someone is me, my studio is too often empty. But I cannot live without gardens anymore than I can live without painting! bEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Debbie for all the years I live in the City somehow I was always able to find a little land to garden and it wasn't because I had deep pockets. At my most recent gallery show I had two flower paintings and most people commented on how that was not usual for me, but the beauty of Spring penetrates all my senses and to rise up into a painting is no surprise.
    thanks for sharing Debbie

    ReplyDelete