Monday, May 9, 2011

Eve's Urban Dream



Click on the image above to play the Video!


Eve's Urban Dream
A tree grows in Brooklyn

The Eve of something new
 all things are birthed out of something
that existed prior 
and 
the big bang
completely resemble something new
or
spring
sprigs of new growth
and even
unexpected births.
or
the obvious
Eve the mother of All


A video of the building and of the installation:
click below!
Eve's Urban Garden Video

When constructing this tree, I was really only clear about the size.  I wanted it so big so that even a tall person could walk into it and feel as though they were entering into a new environment; hence the windows which also reflect the viewers' image.  But with this project, as with most, I gather and prepare all my materials, making sure that I have more than I need and have a general sense of how I am going to connect these material / the technical stuff.  Then I plot out a substantial amount of time and let it flow most of the time. The work seems to build it self & I just bounce back and forth between the materials and the creation and every once in a while have to stop, breathe, take a sip of water and dive back in.  The finished art work is always a surprise and I will work on it till it pleases me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment