Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creating Something New - Continued

First, before I start going on about the next art piece, I have to call attention to the title, "Creating Something New."  Right now - Mind You - this doesn't happen all the time, but it is now.  I am creating a lot of art that could be called, "New Creations."  OK, not all of the art is off the hook, but so far most pieces are working in that direction, I smile at this thought.  The feeling of creating just letting the flow, from eyes, to materials to shape to form to feel to color,  to feel the moment that a piece is finished is always different and curiously good to me.   Each piece of art swaps juices with me and the relationship every time is a whole new experience.  So, all that to say maybe I'll change the name of the Blog to "Creating Something New."


So last blog I talked about the 3 way screen and have now finished 4 assemblages to finish the series.  I will share one more and save the rest for the big reveal at the April opening.



This one that I am sharing was the first one and the most confined with the entire design held with in an uninterrupted dark wood frame, even while I was engaged in making this piece I felt a bit of constraint — and the finial piece is really something special.  Humm, levels of constraint could be a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment