Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thank You All For, "Stepping Out"




Wow,
I thank you all for coming out to support me at my “Stepping Out” fine art exhibit. This was the first time that I have had a one-person show and was able to see all my work hanging together.  I was so happy to be able to share this experience with all of you, and Kevin’s music filled the space beautifully. 

While setting up the show I wasn’t sure that anyone was going to come that night.  I said to myself, “It is all right. I know people will come tomorrow,” and before we were done getting everything ready, people came.  I was so flattered that as the evening progressed, more and more people that I had not seen in years or that didn’t think they could make it, showed up ,and the following day the same glory was shared.  I was beside my self with joy.

It was so flattering that so many people purchased art.  For me there is a story of creation behind each piece of art - work, so each one becomes a friend.  It is exciting to think that my work will be hanging in so many peoples’ homes.  And, yet at the end of the show while Jose was wrapping the purchased art, within the joy of such an amazing experience, there was also the sadness of letting go of so many friends.

I have to say a special thank you to the Angels (Angel Sr. and Angel II) and Myla for helping me hang the whole show in 3 and a half hours, and Roz who came early and set the food up, and Fumilio for making special healthy food for us to sample, and a surprise guest, Jennifer, a well known videographer who came back the second day with camera and has offered to create a video (yahhh) and Jose who lovingly wrapped and labeled everyone’s art at the end. I also thank my co collaborator in creation, the musician, Kevin Nathaniel Hylton, and my father Gys B. Kooy, and my lover in life,Leonore Gordon, for their faith in me and their loving support of the arts.

Follow the link below to a slide show of "STEPPING OUT"
https://picasaweb.google.com/leonorebklyn/MyraKooySSoloArtAtTrestleGallery420421?feat=email#slideshow/5869716661502725874

Please join this my blog for up dates about the arts.  Thank you all again for your support.
Wishing You All Many Joy Filled Moments!
Myra Kooy
www.myrasight.com

No comments:

Post a Comment